Crockpot Country Chicken
When I originally found this recipe it looked delicious. I’ve probably mentioned before my love for potatoes in the crockpot. 6 times out of 10 I will make potatoes only in the crockpot. My favorite feature about crockpots is you an throw the items in there and let it do the cooking. I’m notorious for screwing recipes up since I can’t stay committed to paying attention but with a crockpot recipe its hard to screw up! This recipe turned out good and now that its getting cooler out I foresee myself making it more for the husband and I. Enjoy! 🙂
This recipe was taken from Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes, halved or quartered depending on their size (red potatoes may be substituted)
- 6 carrots
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1¼ cup chicken stock, cold or room temp
- 2 tsp honey dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Spray the crock pot with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot followed by the chicken breast.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and chicken stock until well blended.
- Then whisk in the mustard, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables and chicken in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.