Pan-Roasted Chicken With Lemon-Garlic Potatoes
Yum, right? I wasn’t sure how Chad would like this since he isn’t a huge fan of lemon and I went on a lemon overload. However, he loved it! The recipe is simple to make and its full of flavor. The original recipe also had fresh green beans but we didn’t have any. However, some great alternatives would be asparagus or broccoli. If there is one recipe you try this week this should be it!
Click here to see the recipe in its original format
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the potatoes and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet.. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the potatoes equally. Serve warm.
Recipe in pictures