Garlic Butter Cheddar Chicken
So I’m not good at taking pictures of food I’ve decided. I can’t figure out how to avoid shadows but that’s ok. I’m not trying to become a food photographer or really even a cook. I’m just sharing recipes I’ve found online that I have made for my family. When deciding on a recipe to make I look at a few things. Will my husband eat it? He is such a picky eater that most recipes get eliminated by this fact alone. However, if a meal really appeals to me I’ll make it for myself. Next I look at the ingredients needed for a recipes. Do I have them all or do I like what the recipe calls for? The less ingredients needed the more likely I am to try it. Finally the ease of the recipe. I’m lazy and too many steps will ensure I screw the recipe up. Anyways, so that is what I look for when making new dishes. I won’t lie here lately I’ve been unmotivated to try new recipes and have been making a lot of the same stuff. However, I did make the garlic butter cheddar chicken recipe and it was amazing. I’ve decided that there are a few key ingredients that will ensure a successful meal…cheese, garlic, and breadcrumbs. When these items are combined well you’ve found a home run recipe! I highly recommend trying this delish meal!
This recipe was taken from momswhothink.com please click here to see the recipe
1/2 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture.
5. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
6. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
7. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Happy Cooking!!! 🙂