Today I wanted to have a meatless day. I decided the Italian Pasta Bake would be perfect since there is no meat in the recipe. The upside of this recipe is it was super easy to make, it tastes good and it created a ton of leftovers. The bad? Chad determined tonight he no longer likes ricotta cheese so this recipe is a one and done recipe in this household.
Italian Pasta Bake:
– 16 oz uncooked pasta (I use whole grain penne, but pick whatever you like)
– 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce
– 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
– 6 oz ricotta cheese
– Cook pasta until al dente, drain.
– In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese and half of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
– Pour mixture into a large casserole dish and sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella on top.
– Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. (You can turn your broiler on for a minute at the end to speed things along, but watch closely!!!)
This recipe is taken from http://www.mamalovesfood.com
Recipe in pictures