So its been a while since my last post. I have a few recipes to share but I haven’t made a ton of new recipes lately. Chad is really into this recipe currently https://attempting2cook.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets-with-skinny-scalloped-cheesy-potatoes/
However, I did make a new recipe over the weekend which is the Oatmeal Crusted Chicken Tenders with cheesy ranch potaotes. Both recipes were extremely easy to make! I wasn”t sure what Chad would think of the chicken since it had oatmeal in it but it turns out he really enjoyed it. I couldn’t really even taste the oats in the chicken. I knew the potatoes would be a hit since he loves cheese and ranch. I highly recommend the potatoes they were pretty amazing! Oatmeal Crusted Chicken
- 1 cup regular oats
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place oats in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground. Add cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine, and place in a shallow bowl.
- Place each chicken breast tender between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Coat both sides of tenders with cooking spray; dredge tenders in oat mixture. Place tenders on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until browned.
This recipe is taken from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/oatmeal-crusted-chicken-tenders-10000001227912/
Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
Ingredients: Red or brown potatoes (I used 3 brown potatoes)
Dash of salt
Cheese of your choice (I used cheddar)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and dice up potatoes into relatively small chunks.
2. Place them into a baking dish, sprinkle with chili powder, seasoning salt, & pepper. Put several dollops of butter (or margarine) around the top of the potatoes. Cover with tin foil & cook for an hour.
3. Remove from oven & throw on a couple handfuls of shredded cheese of your choice. Then, drizzle on Ranch dressing to taste. Stir it all together & put it back in the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Recipe in Pictures- I forgot to take pictures of the chicken before cooking so most are of the potatoes Before going into the oven
Adding the cheese and ranch dressing
The oatmeal mixture for the chicken