So tonight I didn’t really have a plan for dinner. I felt like I spent the majority of the day trying to figure out what to make. I feel like I’m lacking ingredients/needed a break from chicken based meal which usually means a pasta based meal. I saw a delicious angel hair pasta recipe I wanted to make but upon further review realized I didn’t have any of the ingredients. After an extensive search I came across the Linguine dish. I did alter it because I wasn’t in the mood to follow a recipe lol. I also had been eyeing the Rosemary garlic parmesan biscuits and figured they could go together. The results were pretty tasty. I ate like 6 of biscuits and froze the rest. The only issue i had with the biscuits were that I made them too big and they expanded while cooking so they were more flat then the picture I saw online. Chad thought my pasta looked boring but it actually had a lot of flavor to it. It was super easy to make and will probably be a meal I make when I’m cooking for myself.
Linguine with Garlicky Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Return pan to heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, and cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
To see the original version of this recipe please visit http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/linguine-with-garlicky-breadcrumbs-10000000549732/
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
- 3 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
The finished product