So I made this meal a while back and Chad dubbed it the best meal I’ve ever made which is good because it’s rare he loves my meals. HAHA. This way easy to make but the potatoes were time consuming.
- 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turnover then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked though.
- olive oil spray (I used my misto)
- 6 medium peeledyukongold potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch-thick (2 lb 4 oz peeled)
- 2 tbsp light butter, melted
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 oz (3/4 cup) shredded reduced fat Cheddar (I used Cabot)
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp thyme
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, butter, salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper.
Arrange half of the potato slices in the baking dish; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Add the remaining potatoes.
In a small saucepan, bring milk, thyme, bay leaf and nutmeg to a boil; pour over potatoes.
Top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered, for 45 – 50 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Recipes in pictures:
Happy Cooking! 🙂