This is slightly belated but better late than never right? So the parmesan-crusted chicken tenders looked appealing to me on the website I found the recipe. I loved the idea of dipping chicken into marinara sauce. However, my meal came out nothing like the picture. It was still good but once I realized I was going to have that crispy look the picture had I decided to do chicken with pasta. It’s super easy to make and Chad liked it so it’s a keeper! In the future I will try it with the panko breadcrumbs maybe that is the difference maker…hmmm…
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Doesn’t the pic look good?
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Note)
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a large wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish. Combine Parmesan and breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish. Toss tenders with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl. Coat each tender in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg and let any excess drip off. Then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the tenders on the prepared rack. Generously coat the top of each tender with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each tender over and coat with cooking spray. Continue baking until the outside is crisp and the tenders are cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Serve the tenders with marinara sauce for dipping.
Recipe in pictures
The breading for the chicken
Going into the oven
This recipe is from http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/parmesan_chicken_tenders.html
Happy Cooking! 🙂