So I have been trying to be more adventurous with cooking Quinoa. When I saw the breakfast quinoa I knew I had to make it. The recipe is simple. However, it was one of the most frustrating cooking experiences. The pot (no matter the size) kept overflowing which was really annoying. I was getting really mad and swore I would never make it again no matter how good it tasted. The verdict? It tasted so good that I will have to make it again! It’s sweet tasting and would be great with sliced fruit or nuts! I will more than likely make this again and it’s a great breakfast to heat up when your short on time!
- 2 cups whole or low-fat milk, plus more for serving
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar, plus more for serving
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for serving
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) fresh blueberries, plus more for serving
- Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Add quinoa, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, until three-quarters of the milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Cook, covered, until almost all the milk has been absorbed, about 8 minutes. Stir in blueberries, and cook for 30 seconds. Serve with additional milk, sugar, cinnamon, and blueberries.
Recipe in pictures
After adding the quinoa to the milk
Finished producf…kinda looks boring but I swear is good
This recipe is from http://www.marthastewart.com/314453/breakfast-quinoa?czone=home/back-to-school-cnt/back-school-recipes-snacks&backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/quick-and-easy-breakfasts#slide_12